Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Last updated: September 15th, 2012
a. Submissions Generally: By posting to the Blog or otherwise transmitting comments, pieces, ideas or other information in any form including visual or audio data (collectively, “Submissions”) to us, you grant to us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable, assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based on, perform and display such Submissions (in whole or in part) in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other provider of the Submissions. You also permit any Blogger to access, display, view, store and reproduce such Submissions for personal use.
• You represent and warrant that your Submissions are original works that have not been and will not be published elsewhere for at least four (4) hours from the time you submit each such Submission. If we accept your work for publication, it must be exclusive to ThrowTheFlagBlog.com at the time of publication.
• If we wish to publish your post, we will contact you as soon as possible. We may suggest revisions or edits for you to make prior to publication. We may also have questions for you to answer prior to posting. You agree to cooperate in good faith with the Blog to make such revisions and respond to any questions.
• We have no obligation to return any content to you.
4. Blog Community Rules. We have adopted the “Blog Community Rules” set forth below to create a forum where information and progressive views can be shared in a productive way. While using the Blog, you agree to adhere to the Blog Community Rules below.
You agree to:
• Respect other Bloggers – please do not threaten, insult, abuse, intimidate or harass other Blog users.
• Use the Blog for your personal use only. Posting entries solely to promote your own projects are not allowed.
You agree not to:
• Post any private information, or otherwise harvest, collect or disclose information, about any third party without his or her express consent.
• Post any content to the Blog that is unlawful, racist, hateful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or that intentionally discriminates against or harasses particular individuals or groups.
• Post any death threats.
• Post any content to the Blog that infringes any third-party’s intellectual property or other rights.
• Use the Blog for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Blog any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
• Use the Blog for advertisements, chain letters, “spamming,” survey solicitations, junk mail or solicitations.
• Impersonate any person or entity, including any ThrowTheFlagBlog.com employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
• Imply that we endorse any of your statements or positions.
• Transmit any harmful, invasive or disruptive code or other materials (such as viruses, worms or web bugs) through or to the Blog, or otherwise “hack” or deface any portion of the Blog.
• Frame or mirror any part of the Blog without our prior written authorization.
5. Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through the Blog will remain the property of ThrowTheFlagBlog.com and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules and regulations. The materials produced by ThrowTheFlagBlog.com (including photographs, graphics, video and audio content) are protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this compilation and produced by us are also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced by us.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on the Blog (collectively the “Marks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of ThrowTheFlagBlog.com, our licensors and suppliers, and others. All Marks on the Blog not owned by ThrowTheFlagBlog.com are the property of their respective owners. The Marks owned by us, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours.
7. Third Party Information. Some information made available on or through the Blog is provided by third parties (such as news services) or other Bloggers (such information, “Third-Party Content”). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on the Blog does not indicate any approval or endorsement by ThrowTheFlagBlog.com of such Third-Party Content, or of any opinion, advice, or other information made or displayed on the Blog by any user or other third party. ThrowTheFlagBlog.com is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
8. External Resource, Blog Roll and Links. The Blog provides links to other websites and resources. Because we have no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that ThrowTheFlagBlog.com does not endorse, and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources, or for the availability of such external sites or resources. ThrowTheFlagBlog.com is providing these links to you only as a convenience. We shall have the right, but not the obligation, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links from or to the Blog through technological or other means, without prior notice.
9. Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by ThrowTheFlagBlog.com infringe upon your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Blog should be sent to:
By email: ParadigmShift35@gmail.com
11. Access By Minors. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
12. Jurisdiction. The Blog is controlled and operated by ThrowTheFlagBlog.com from its principal office in Florida, U.S.A., and is not intended to subject ThrowTheFlagBlog.com to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country or territory. Those who choose to access the Blog do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
14. Disclaimers. THE BLOG IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE BLOG, AND ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS THEREOF. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THROWTHEFLAGBLOG.COM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE BLOG.
15. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER THROWTHEFLAGBLOG.COM NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONSULTANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE BLOG AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE BLOG, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE BLOG. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE BLOG, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF IT.